Amazing Demographics, Education and Income Levels
From its founding, Chandler has been a community built on entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and hometown traditions.
The reason why Chandler is an exciting place to live and work is evident with the addition of nearly 100,000 young, educated, and affluent citizens in the last 10 years, a proven workforce, a mixture of diversified industries and quality retail establishments.
Chandler boasts a strong, high tech employment base that attracts and retains high-quality employees, many of whom make our community their home.
July 1, 2017 Population – 253,098
July 1, 2017 Housing Units – 103,592
Average Household Income: $83,296
Median Home Price:
New Home – $267,550
Resale Home – $188,575
Median Age: 31.7
Source: City of Chandler Long Range Planning Division
A well-educated workforce now and in the making
In addition to being young and affluent, Chandler residents are well-educated, with nearly 75 percent having some college education. Parents trust Chandler schools to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens. Five public school districts provide service to our residents, with Chandler Unified School District and Kyrene School District serving the majority of the City. These schools, along with a number of private and charter schools, are among Arizona’s highest rated with standardized test scores well above state and national averages. The high-tech industries within Chandler attract and retain these well-educated residents.
Source: ESRI Business Analyst 2017
Chandler Unified School District
Chandler Unified School District (CUSD) serves more than 41,000 students in grades K-12 and consists of 29 elementary schools, seven junior highs, five high schools and three alternative schools. Academic success is a high priority in the district as evidenced by students consistently scoring among the top in the state on college-entrance exams. Because of the outstanding educational programs offered, almost all of the district schools have been cited for excellence by outside organizations, such as the Arizona Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Additional CUSD accolades and achievements include:
- Being named the number one public K-12 district in Arizona two years in a row by Niche.com
- The 2016 graduating class earning more than $118 million in scholarship offers
- Chandler Unified schools being named Arizona A+ Schools of Excellence or U.S. Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence 73 times since 1983, the most of any district in Arizona
- Continued domination of the Arizona Science and Engineering Fair (AzSEF). In 2016, Chandler Unified schools won Best of Fair
forboth Elementary and Senior High divisions. Ten out of the 15 Grand Award-winning students from Arizona to proceed to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) hailed from CUSD. Of the 10 projects sent, CUSD students brought home more than a dozen awards from ISEF including two Grand Awards.
Kyrene School District
Kyrene Elementary School District is an “A” rated district comprised of 25 schools serving students in grades K-8. The District’s boundaries encompass all of Ahwatukee and parts of Chandler, Guadalupe, Tempe and the Gila River Indian Community. In Chandler, Kyrene operates five elementary schools and two junior highs. Three of the elementary schools and both junior highs have been named Arizona A+ Schools of Excellence by the Arizona Educational Foundation.
Kyrene schools offer an innovative learning environment with technology enhanced curriculum. Science, Technology,
Nearby Colleges and Universities Supply Young, Talented Graduates
Greater Phoenix is home to a myriad of top-notch colleges, universities and specialized institutions committed to providing a trained workforce to support
- Arizona State University, the largest public university by enrollment in the United States. ASU has more than 91,000 students across five Greater Phoenix campuses, four regional learning centers throughout Arizona and
itsASU Online programs. In Downtown Chandler, ASU has established its Chandler Innovation Center where it hosts workshops, events, and provides engineering and technology-based education.
- The University of Arizona, which has a total enrollment of more than 43,000 students. UA’s main campus is in Tucson but the university has an expanding presence in Greater Phoenix, which includes its UA College of Medicine-Phoenix campus and Eller MBA programs in downtown Phoenix, and its Master of Education Program in Downtown Chandler.
- Maricopa Community Colleges, one of the nation’s largest community college districts, serving more than 265,000 students annually. The countywide district has 10 colleges including Chandler-Gilbert Community College in Chandler.
Source: University of Arizona, Arizona State University
Click here to see the special events in Chandler.