Go Green and Save Some Green On Your Home
Going green is great for the environment, but that’s not the only benefit. When you make green upgrades in your home, it can also lead to some major savings. Homes in Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa and Queen Creek can benefit from our 300+ days of sunshine and mild winter temps. Here are some ways to go green and get multiple benefits:
- Solar panels for electricity: The upfront cost is big, but the long-term savings are huge. Solar panels will cost several thousand and even tens of thousands of dollars to install on larger homes, but ongoing maintenance costs are very low, and a typical system could save you hundreds of dollars a month in the summer. You may even be able to sell your surplus electricity.
- Insulation: There’s a good chance your insulation isn’t very efficient or at least could be better. Look into installing floor, cavity, wall, and attic insulation to reduce your cooling and heating bills.
- Solar hot water heater: Similar to solar panels for electricity, solar hot water heaters required an upfront investment, but they are much less. Due to our high-temps in the summer and the frequent sunshine, you can virtually eliminate the cost of natural gas or electricity to heat water in your home for most of the year.
- Rain barrels or rain catchment system: It doesn’t rain often, but our desert plants love the rain. Rain barrels are typically inexpensive and provide gallons of free water to use when you water your garden or irrigate your landscaping.
- Solar pool heater: Noticing a sun theme yet? Just like the solar hot water benefits, you can add months to your swimming season with a variety of solar heat options for pools. The options range from roof top systems that maximize the transfer of solar energy to your pool to simple solar pool covers that raise the temperate of a pool by several degrees to extend the swimming season.
Click here to request a detailed analysis of how much your green improvements are adding to your home.
You can also call 480-250-3102 or email GoWithGoluba@gmail.com